The ultimate lasagne
Layers of mince, sauce, pasta a cheese
400g Lean beef mince
1 white onion
2 cloves garlic
1 glass red wine
1 splash red wine vinegar
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree
3 tbsp cornflour
1 ball mozzarella
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in a tablespoon of olive oil on a low heat until soft.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Finely chop the anchovies and fry everything for a couple more minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes then stir in the tomato puree and red wine vinegar.
- Add the mixed herbs.
- Leave everything to simmer for approximately 35 – 40 minutes, or until everything has reduced into a thick sauce (can take longer).
- Make the bechamel sauce by slowly adding the milk to the cornflour over a low heat and whisking thoroughly.
- Add a layer of the meat and sauce to an ovenproof dish, followed by a layer of aubergine, which has been sliced into large discs.
- Add a layer of lasagne sheets, making sure everything is covered, then pour over half the bechamel sauce and a sprinkling of grated cheddar.
- Add another layer of meat to the dish, then repeat another layer of pasta sheets, cheddar and then finally added the shredded mozzarella.
- Place in a preheated oven (180 degrees) for approximately 20 minutes, or until the top has crisped.