Special fried rice
Scrumptious as a side dish or a main
½ mug of rice
6 Spring onions
2 tbsp frozen peas
- Boil the rice for 10 minutes. Once cooked, leave to drain thoroughly (the longer left the better because it works better from cold).
- Finely chop the spring onions.
- Fry the rice in a little sesame oil and add a splash of soy sauce.
- Add in the spring onion, peas and shrimp and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Push the rice to one side of the pan and crack in the egg. As it starts to set, scramble it with your spoon until it is nearly set and then mix with the rice. It’s quite a tricky thing to judge, but make sure you don’t stir it through the rice too soon or it will go soggy and disgusting.
Go mad! Add beef, chicken or pork and throw in some extra veg – pak choi, mushrooms and beansprouts are all tasty additions.