Healthier and tastier than a Dominos
Check out this recipe for pizza bases or
1 packet pizza base mix
Half a white onion
1 clove of garlic
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp mixed herbs
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp pesto
A few black olives
1 ball mozzarella
A handful of grated cheddar
- Make the pizza bases according to the recipe, or the packet instructions.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in a little olive oil on a low heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, puree and mixed herbs and leave to simmer until significantly reduced.
- Leave to cool, then blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Roll the bases out until thin and then top with a couple of tablespoons of the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheddar.
- Add the toppings, making sure the pizzas aren’t over filled.
- Tear the mozzarella and place over the toppings.
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, or until the pizza bases are golden and the cheese has melted.
Get creative on the toppings – ricotta, parma ham, rocket. The list is endless.