Maple syrup flapjacks
Chewy flapjacks with a twist
80g brown sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Over a low heat melt the butter.
2. Add the sugar and maple syrup and stir until dissolved.
3. Gradually add the oats to the mixture until completely coated.
4. Add the salt and stir again.
5. Spread the mixture evenly over a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes at 220 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
6. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then cut into pieces.
A variety of things to the flapjack mix – banana, chocolate chips or toffee chunks all add an extra something.