Gourmet eggs – way better than supermarket rubbish
350g sausage meat
1 tbsp parsley
1 spring onion, very finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
plain flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 slices bread made into breadcrumbs
vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Hard boil the eggs for exactly nine minutes.
- Drain and cool the eggs under cold running water, then peel.
- Mix the sausage meat with the parsley and spring onion in a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the sausage meat mixture into four and flatten each out on a clean surface into ovals that are wide enough to wrap around the egg.
- Place the seasoned flour onto a plate, then dredge each boiled egg in the flour.
- Place each onto a sausage meat oval, then wrap the sausage meat around each egg. Make sure the coating is smooth and completely covers each egg.
- Dip each sausage meat-coated egg in the beaten egg, rolling to coat completely, then dip and roll into the breadcrumbs to completely cover.
- Heat the oil in a deep heavy-bottomed pan, until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it.
- Carefully place each scotch egg into the hot oil and deep-fry for 8-10 minutes, until golden and crisp and the sausage meat is completely cooked.
Then make some of this bacon jam too and reveal in extreme tastiness.