Steak with mustard sauce
Blow the budget!
100ml single cream
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijion mustard
Salt and pepper to season
Knob of butter
- Tenderise the steaks and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan, then add the steak. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side to keep it bloody in the middle.
- Take off the heat and put on a plate. Cover with foil and leave to rest while making the sauce.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in the pan, mix with the steak juices and boil until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream and mustard. Wait for the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Serve over the steak with green beans and boiled new potatoes.
Pick up your steak at full price, rather than in the reduced section like me!