White Russian brownies
A boozy alternative to baking
Coffee brownie batter
250g caster sugar
60g butter, softened
150g plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Vodka brownie batter
80g plain flour
60g caster sugar
200g Philadelphia cream cheese
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp butter, softened
4 tbsp vodka
1. Preheat oven to 170 C and grease a baking tray.
2. Cream 250g of sugar and 60g of butter.
3. Add 2 eggs and mix well and then stir in the coffee.
4. Sift together 150g of flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir into the mixture until well blended.
5. Spread this mixture evenly into the prepared baking tray.
6. In another bowl, stir together 80g of flour and 60g of sugar.
7. Add the cream cheese and mix well. Add the milk to even out the consistency.
8. Stir in 1 egg, 2 tablespoons butter and the vodka and mix everything until smooth.
9. Spread this evenly over the chocolate layer then swirl a knife through to make a marble effect.
10. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
Replaced the coffee with coffee liqueur and serve warm with vanilla ice cream