Chocolate orange biscotti
A little tea time treat
90g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g dark chocolate chips
2 tbsps orange zest
½ tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well to form a dough.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured work surface until smooth then shape into a log and place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then cut into slices about 1cm thick.
- Place slices onto the baking tray and bake again for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
Find some good quality 70% or more dark chocolate for the chips. And maybe add some booze?