Lemon and olive oil pasta with tomato mozzarella salad
Simple, light and filling
200g whole wheat pasta
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
Half a tin of anchovies
1 large tomato
1 ball of mozzarella
- Boil the pasta according the packet instructions.
- Finely slice the garlic. Heat a little butter in a pan and fry on a gentle heat, being careful not to colour the garlic. Set aside.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and layer at the side of the bowl.
- Zest and juice the lemon and set to one side.
- Cut each anchovy in half.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Mix in the lemon zest and juice, olive oil, anchovies and basil until the pasta is well coated. Serve alongside the tomato mozzarella salad.
Add some cream and parmesan in at the final step and make sure you use fresh basil. Decadent.