Crispy duck with pancakes
The greatest of the Chinese starters
Two duck legs
Half a cucumber
A bunch of spring onions
One jar of hoisin sauce
250g plain flour
2 tsp caster sugar
- Prepare the pancake mixture as per the instructions and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Prep the duck legs by scoring with a sharp knife and rubbing a small amount of salt into the skins.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile thinly slice the spring onions length ways. Cut the cucumber into large chunks, scoop out the fleshy centre and then cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Finish making the pancakes.
- Take the duck out the oven and shred using two forks.
- Serve everything on separate plates with the hoisin sauce and let everyone dig in.
Buy some prawn crackers and try not to eat them all during the cooking process.