Mexican lime chicken
Full of zingy flavour
2 chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves
1tsp smoked paprika
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp brown sugar
2 red chillies
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the olive oil with the spices, sugar, one garlic clove finely chopped, the chillies (whole), lime zest and half the lime juice. Mix well.
- De-skin the chicken thighs (it is possible to leave the skins on for a crispy finish or take them off for a healthier meal). Score the flesh, coat in the marinade and leave for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- In a baking dish, prepare a parcel using foil for the chicken. Slice the remaining lime and line the base of the parcel with half of them. Also pop in the remaining unpeeled garlic.
- Place the chicken thighs in the foil and pour over the marinade. Then close the parcel and place in the oven. If keeping the skin on, leave the foil open so that it crisps up. Cook for approximately 30 minutes at 180 degrees, or until the juices run clear.
- Serve as part of a Mexican tapas, with rice or in a tortilla wrap with salsa.
Given this is the centrepiece to a meal, splashing out on the finest quality chicken will go a long way