A simple cake batter
250g caster sugar
4 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g self raising flour
2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line the tin(s) with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together.
3. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
4. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Fold in the flour and add the milk if the consistency is too thick.
6. Pour into the tin(s) and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Dust with icing sugar, top with chocolate or sandwich together with a filling.