White chocolate mousse
A decadent treat
300g white chocolate
2 egg whites
2 tbsp caster sugar
180g double cream
- Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over hot water.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, add the sugar and whisk again until smooth.
- Semi-whip the double cream and fold in the chocolate.
- Lightly fold in the egg whites.
- Spoon into individual ramekins and place in the fridge to set.
Why not add a raspberry coulis. Blend 300g of raspberries (fresh or frozen) with 100g of caster sugar and a splash of lemon juice. Pass through a sieve to get rid of any pith and pour over the mousse.